Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Carly likes Brooke

Carly Simon apparently likes Brooke White, going so far as to say that "she sings the song (You're So Vain) so much better than I ever did or ever could."

Carly mentions that she isn't good in front of a huge audience, leaving the inference that Brooke isn't either, but that she could still be successful.

I've always held that Brooke is not that great of a performer, but she is a great singer. I think she is equal in talent to Carly. Unfortunately, the folky singer-songwriter is not in vogue right now, so I don't think she will have huge commercial success. I'll buy her CD, though.

1 comment:

EveLeaf said...

As a "person," I like Brooke White much better than anyone else on this show. She seems so pure and untouched, a natural talent bringing joy and light into the world. I want to hug her. And then give her a nap.

Unfortunately, I don't like her voice (I hate Carly Simon too, go figure) and so I won't buy her CD. Hopefully enough others will and she'll have success in life.

Get some rest, Brooke!