Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Compare tonight's Neil Diamond performances

Once again, the songs for tonight have been leaked, and once again here are some links to YouTube clips of the originals for your viewing pleasure:

David Archuleta is singing America (lyrics) and Sweet Caroline (lyrics)
Syesha Mercado is singing Hello Again (lyrics) and Thank the Lord for the Night Time (lyrics)
Brooke White is singing I Am... I Said (lyrics) and I'm a Believer (lyrics) (yes, Neil wrote this one for the Monkees)
Jason Castro is singing September Morn (lyrics) and Forever in Blue Jeans (lyrics)
David Cook is singing I'm Alive (lyrics) and All I Really Need is You (lyrics)

Other notable Neil Diamond songs that did not get selected: (which one will be the group song?)

Cracklin' Rosie
You Don't Bring Me Flowers (duet with Babwa Striesand)
Red Red Wine (yes, Neil wrote this one, but it was more famously covered by UB40)
Cherry, Cherry
Holly Holy
Song Sung Blue
I've Been This Way Before
If You Know What I Mean
Desiree
Love On the Rocks
Heartlight
If You Go Away
Glory Road
Don't Be Cruel
Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon


You'll notice that many of these videos are from YouTube user janettsue. That is because she has a huge collection of album versions of ND songs. You'll have to forgive the cheesy visuals that go with each song.

No comments: