Friday, May 2, 2008

Nooooo! Not my Brooke!!!!!!

Brookie-poo, my Brookie-poo! How I will miss you!

The good news, though: her album is now back up for sale. I bought four songs off of it. You're welcome, Brooke. Get the steak tonight. On me.

A few notes from the results show:

Sorry I'm late with this. I know that my faithful readers have all been pacing back and forth while reciting obscure lines from 18th century playwrights to keep themselves in some degree of sanity while awaiting my brilliant observations. I've had a couple intense days of work, and 12 hour shifts that start at noon pretty much destroy productivity.

I'm not convinced that Syesha was actually one of the bottom two vote-getters this last week. She sang very well, and according to DialIdol, she was actually the top vote-getter. And as far as I heard, at no point during the night was it ever said that this was the bottom two. Is this another producer trick? If so, why? Why not be honest and let us see what America really thinks? Is it because Archuleta or Cookie monster were in the bottom two and they wanted a finale with two contestants who had never had to sit on the urinals of death? If so, that bothers me.

Yes. You are correct. I have no life.

With that admitted, let's continue:

Was I the only one who laughed out loud when Natasha Bedingfield said she wanted to go give David a hug? I laughed so hard that milk came out of my nose (figuratively speaking, of course) as she ran up to where the contestants were sitting, because Cookie started to stand up, sure that if she wanted to meet a David it would be him, but then not only was he left the only one standing (and awkwardly trying to cover up his stupidity), but he got the cold shoulder as she didn't even shake his hand. Hil-freaking-arious.

Maybe it is because I'm a nurse and look for these kinds of things, but did anyone else notice that Neil Diamond had a droopy right eye and didn't smile evenly? Has he had a stroke?

Does Brooke not like David Cooke? During her last song, he looked like he was trying to comfort her and she pulled away pretty sharply. The really telling moment was when she punched him in the face and threw her microphone at him. I don't see that relationship going anywhere.

No comments: