Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Compare tonight's song choices

I work a 12 hour shift today, so I will not be able to update this before the show comes on tonight. Therefore, devoted reader, you get all of the information that I know so far. I don't know why so many people are singing Not Yet Known, but I guess it is a really good song. The stars represent what I think of the song choice. Live with it.

Enjoy.


David Archuleta

Personal choice: Not Yet Known
Paula's choice: And So it Goes ** (lyrics) by Billy Joel (Proof that Paula is not only drunk while judging the show. She could pick any song at all, and this is what she chooses?)
Producer's choice: Longer ***** (lyrics) by Dan Fogelberg (listening to this song, I can see David knocking it out of the park.

Syesha Mercado

Personal choice: Not Yet Known
Randy's choice: If I Ain't Got You *** (lyrics) by Alicia Keys
Producer's choice: Not Yet Known

David Cook


Personal choice: The World I Know **** (lyrics) by Collective Soul (great song. great choice, but seems to be playing with fire a little. He sounds so similar to them already, if he doesn't match up to the original, there will be the inevitable comparisons... at least from the fans - the judges don't seem to know anything about alternative rock.)
Simon's choice: First Time Ever I Saw Your Face ** (lyrics) by Roberta Flack (Interesting that he would choose this song, seeing that his favorite source of income has already covered it. Is he trying to hurt him or help him?)
Producer's choice: Not Yet Known


Most of this information comes from MJ's Blog. Where it comes from before that I don't know, but seldom is MJ ever wrong on anything Idol, so I trust the information.

No comments: