Thursday, July 24, 2008

Season 7 Bottom 15 List

EDITORS NOTE: I started working on this post a bajillion years ago and never got around to completing it. Now I don't even remember where I left off, so I'm just posting it as it is, and all three of you who come to my blog can figure out what I meant in the incomplete sections.

-B-

So now that I'm done with honoring the top performances of the year on American Idol, here is my tribute to the performances that made me want to throw up.

Jason Castro - I Shot the Sheriff (4) This one earns top honors for bad performance of the year. It also earns top honors for classic line of the year: Simon: What were you thinking? Jason: I was thinking BOB MARLEY!

David Cook - Innocent (8) This was before David's popularity really took off, and frankly he was lucky to not be kicked off for this utter and terrible drivel.

Ramiele Malubay - Alone (10)

Kristy Lee Cook - Eight Days a Week (12)

Amanda Overmeyer - Carry On Wayward Son (20)

Amanda Overmeyer - Back in the USSR (11)

David Cook - The World I Know (Finale)

Carly Smithson - Superstar (6)

David Cook - Baba O'Riley (4)

Brooke White - I'm a Believer (5)

David Cook - Dare You To Move (3)

Syesha Mercado - If I Were Your Woman (10)

Jason Castro - Forever in Blue Jeans (5) 4.5

Carly Smithson - Without You (7) 4.5


Michael Johns - It's All Wrong But It's All Right (9) I know a lot of people liked this song. My wife included; and I tried. Really I tried. But in the end, despite listening to it several time desperately trying to like it, I just hate it more every time. Perhaps he was just constipated and he really wasn't in that much pain. The world will never know.


Honorable Mentions


David Archuleta - With You (3) I'm sorry, David, but hearing you sing "I need ya boo" is just too much for me.

Carly Smithson - The Show Must Go On (8)

Syesha Mercado - Hit Me Up (3) She didn't actually sing it that bad, but what a terrible choice for her to sing. If she had chosen it for herself it would certainly make my hall of crap countdown.

David Cook - Always Be My Baby (7) Especially at 1:20 when he can't hold his pee any longer.

And of course... the lyric flubs:

David Archuleta - We Can Work It Out (12) I don't care nearly as much about a lyric flub as many people seem to. But when it happens again and again throughout the song... and when the singing wasn't that great to begin with...

Brooke White - You Must Love Me (5) She had the professionalism to start over and she got it right after that. Unfortunately it was good, but she seemed distracted and it wasn't an inspired performance. I liked the studio version, though... in fact, I loved the studio version.

Jason Castro - Mr. Tambourine Man (4)


Semi-Finalists


Kady Malloy - Who Wants to Live Forever (16) Magic Man (20) Groovy Kind of Love (24)

Danny Noriega - Superstar (20) Jailhouse Rock (24) and Tainted Love (16)

Amy Davis - Where the Boys Are (24)

Luke Menard - Killer Queen (20)

Robbie Carico - Hot Blooded (20)

No comments: